Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Last Visit Date is not updating

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
12 years 2 weeks ago #212192 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic Re: Last Visit Date is not updating

You could try setting the session duration to a shorter time like 1hr or so.

Global session time is 30 minutes.

It updates on login only.

If it updates on login only, then that is where the issue lies. For these members it does not update when they log in. How many members are affected, I do not know. Some of these members show a last visit date of over a year ago and we know that is not the case.

In checking the Last Visit date in the Joomla User manager, the date is the same as in CB user manager. Since CB controls the login, does it provide the data to Joomla LVD or is it the other way around?

Identifying what function updates the LVD for either or both, should identify the culprit or at least narrow down the suspects.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #212195 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Last Visit Date is not updating
I've already provided where this is done in CB (please see previous replies). The only way it won't update is if they're already logged in or somehow they're not using CBs login. I can't guarantee this will work with Joomla login or maybe even some other 3rd party login (VM, K2, etc..). Navigate to the below and see if Joomla user is accessible. If it is then chances are they're using Joomlas login page.

index.php?option=com_users&task=login

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by krileon.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
12 years 2 weeks ago #212198 by edjec
Joomla login is disabled.

index.php?option=com_users&task=login returns: 404 - Component not found

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #212311 by krileon
Do you have any other extension with its own login capabilities? This could be VM, K2, etc..

[EDIT]: Sorry, for j1.5 the link is: index.php?option=com_user&view=login

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by krileon.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
12 years 1 week ago #212407 by edjec
We do have VirtueMart and Kunena. VM login is disabled, but forum posters want to login directly from the forum, so Kunena login is active. We have not noticed a problem with Kunena login conflicts previously though.

However, your question did get me thinking and I checked the Kunena users tables to see if the members with no last visit date were also posters on Kunena and therefore may have logged in through the forum. That was not he case. Not a single member with this issue has ever logged in through Kunena or posted a thread.

[EDIT]: Sorry, for j1.5 the link is: index.php?option=com_user&view=login

This now immediately opens the CB registration form.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 week ago #212414 by krileon
I'm completely out of ideas then. No idea why it's not updating. They must be logging in from somewhere and if it's through CB it has to be updating as it's just a query directly in the login function, there's no bypassing it. If you've a user store after login maybe that's causing it to revert to the previous value in object; maybe an auto action of some sort?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon