Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User editable fields

12 years 2 weeks ago #211992 by IdeaMeister
User editable fields was created by IdeaMeister
I'm using the CB Quickstart PRO 1.0.3. I've successfully added a new tab to the CB menu on the profile page. However, I can't seem to make the body of that panel editable by the user. I've followed the directions from the Version 1.8.1 Detailed Guide, but I must be missing something. What should I do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #212004 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User editable fields

IdeaMeister wrote: I'm using the CB Quickstart PRO 1.0.3. I've successfully added a new tab to the CB menu on the profile page. However, I can't seem to make the body of that panel editable by the user. I've followed the directions from the Version 1.8.1 Detailed Guide, but I must be missing something. What should I do?

Body of the panel?

not sure what you mean.

You can create a new CB Tab from Tab manager area.

But if you do not create a new field (from CB field manager) and put it in this tab, then there is nothing to edit in this tab.

So it will not appear to your users when the edit their profile.

12 years 2 weeks ago #212005 by IdeaMeister
Replied by IdeaMeister on topic Re: User editable fields
Sorry about the confusion ... I did put a new field in the tab but can't edit from user's end.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #212008 by nant

IdeaMeister wrote: Sorry about the confusion ... I did put a new field in the tab but can't edit from user's end.

WHat do you mean by cannot edit?

12 years 2 weeks ago #212009 by IdeaMeister
Replied by IdeaMeister on topic Re: User editable fields
User is unable to type inside the field. I'm trying to create an area that the user can type in on their profile page. The tab I added shows up but a user can't input anything even though I put a text field in the tab.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #212017 by nant

IdeaMeister wrote: User is unable to type inside the field. I'm trying to create an area that the user can type in on their profile page. The tab I added shows up but a user can't input anything even though I put a text field in the tab.

You must have done something wrong.

If the field does show up in edit mode and you cannot type anything in it, then maybe you made the field read only?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon