• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #212110 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User editable fields
Got new PM with user data.

I logged in as this user

Visited the profile page

Selected Update profile from the menu

Went to the Wishes tab and edited the field just fine.

At this point I have no idea what if anything is wrong.

Please provide screenshot of your editing process test just like I outlined it above.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 weeks ago #212111 by IdeaMeister
Replied by IdeaMeister on topic Re: User editable fields
Maybe I should clear my cache and try again. That's the only other thing I can think of. If that doesn't work, I'll try creating a new member to test again. Will let you know if any of this works.

Thanks!

12 years 2 weeks ago #212164 by IdeaMeister
Replied by IdeaMeister on topic Re: User editable fields
Ok, the light came on and I finally got it (and boy do I feel stupid). Not being familiar with this whole thing, I didn't realize that in order to type, edit, etc, into this field, you need to go first to the Edit > Update your Profile > Wish List. It's been a learning experience for me and I thank you for your help on this. During this whole process I actually did learn a lot more about CB. Now on to the next challenge :)

• nant
  • nant
12 years 2 weeks ago #212173 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User editable fields

IdeaMeister wrote: Ok, the light came on and I finally got it (and boy do I feel stupid). Not being familiar with this whole thing, I didn't realize that in order to type, edit, etc, into this field, you need to go first to the Edit > Update your Profile > Wish List. It's been a learning experience for me and I thank you for your help on this. During this whole process I actually did learn a lot more about CB. Now on to the next challenge :)

Great - you can also install the CB Core field Ajax plugin and enable frontend inline editing for your fields.

Perhaps that is the next challenge for you ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon