Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Pending Approval Email sent twice

• Diesel9a1
  • Diesel9a1
12 years 2 weeks ago #212031 by Diesel9a1
Pending Approval Email sent twice was created by Diesel9a1
For some reason, the Pending Approval email is being sent twice at the same time when I register. I'm bound to have changed a setting, but I cannot figure out what. Any thoughts as to what to try?

J2.5.7
CB1.9RC
AEC V1.0 B5460

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #212039 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Pending Approval Email sent twice
This happening for frontend or when you create users from backend? Joomla has its own email it sends out that needs to be disabled from Extensions > Plug-in Manager > User - Joomla! and set "Notification Mail to User" to "No".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Diesel9a1
  • Diesel9a1
12 years 2 weeks ago #212058 by Diesel9a1
Replied by Diesel9a1 on topic Re: Pending Approval Email sent twice
Front end registration.

They are both the email same email and as defined in (CB / Config / Registration / Pending Email).

They are sent at the same time.

I've just tried altering the setting you mention (I didn't even know it existed). Same result.

• Diesel9a1
  • Diesel9a1
12 years 2 weeks ago #212108 by Diesel9a1
Make that all emails that are coming from CB 1.9RC are being sent in duplicate at the same time.

I've just amended a test user via the backend to "confirm and approve" their account. The plugin "Profile Logger" has sent two emails to me as admin saying that the users account has been updated.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 weeks ago #212144 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Pending Approval Email sent twice
We've no code in place to duplicate email. You are also using AEC which is known to cause problems and is highly not supported. Please try disabling the AEC extension entirely and see if the issue persists. If issue persists please disable non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved as it could be coming from a plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Diesel9a1
  • Diesel9a1
12 years 2 weeks ago #212166 by Diesel9a1
The emails are definitely from CB. But the cause of the trigger...... I'll start disabling things one by one.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon