Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Blogs for Users not allowing new posts?

12 years 1 week ago #212456 by Handmakersfactory
CB Blogs for Users not allowing new posts? was created by Handmakersfactory
Hello. I am building a new site with Joomla Community Builder (v2.5.6) and we need users to be able to share "projects" with each other. I have downloaded and installed CB Blogs plugin and run through the configuration, however when I visit the site as a user, the information under "Blogs" shows "This user has no blogs" and there is no buttons etc. for the user to create a post?

I have checked in the Plugin section and it is "public" but cannot see anything else obvious that is stopping users for making a blog post to share their project. Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 1 week ago #212478 by krileon
You need to create a top level category within Joomla content then add sub categories. Once done you need to configure within CB Blogs configuration for it to use that top level category. Now you should see a New Blog link in the Blogs tab. Example of category setup as follows.

Blogs
- General
- Sports
- Games

You can have unlimited depth as well if you want; example as follows.

Blogs
- General
- - Announcements

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon