Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Subs Mailer date comparisons method unclear

• aamet
  • aamet
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #212812 by aamet
The new mailer looks great but is completely foxing me because of the definitions used.

I want to set up an automated email to be sent when a Subscription is 30 days from expiry, then another when subscription is 14 days from expiry, then 48 hrs away.

I cannot seem to get the right formula as it works in reverse to how I envisage it.

I find the descriptions in the drop downs very confusing. for example If I want to send an email if an expiry date is 1 month away, the closest I could get was:

DATE A: Expiry Date of subscription
DATE B: Last renewed date of subscription

COND 1: For dates: Date A > Date B + 11 months (Date A must be later than 11 months before Date B)
COND 2: For dates: Date A < Date B + 1 Year (Date A must be earlier than 1 year before Date B)

But the above would mean that the email will be sent out every day in the last month leading to expiry. Whereas I only want it to occur on one day only.

Next:

How do I then send an email 14 days before expiry? i.e. I cannot add 11 months and 14 days to Date A or subtract same from B.

If I could simply ( for above dates) say the following then it would work fine.

If Date A = Date B - 48 weeks (for a one month notice email)
If Date A = Date B - 52 weeks ( for a two week notice email)
etc

ADDED: Forgot to add. Alternately, how can I subtract an expiry date from 'Today's' date? As this simplifies things even more.

I'm on Joomla 1.5.26, CB 1.8.1 , CBSubs 2.0.2
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by aamet. Reason: added question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 week ago #212824 by nant
I believe I have some very nice and detailed examples in the manual.

Did you read them and still have questions?
The following user(s) said Thank You: aamet

• aamet
  • aamet
12 years 1 week ago #212838 by aamet
Nick, actually, what I missed was I went straight to the second tab, missing the option on the first tab which proves precisely what I needed. e.g. automatically send email <X days> before above <condition - e.g. expiry date>. i.e. I did not need to use the conditionals on the second tab.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 week ago #212841 by nant

aamet wrote: Nick, actually, what I missed was I went straight to the second tab, missing the option on the first tab which proves precisely what I needed. e.g. automatically send email <X days> before above <condition - e.g. expiry date>. i.e. I did not need to use the conditionals on the second tab.

So is everything clear now?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon