Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User Profiles

• mikedell
  • mikedell
12 years 1 week ago #212814 by mikedell
User Profiles was created by mikedell
Michael J Dellarciprete <michaeldell@live.com>

Hello as of right now I have profile pages accessible to public but I must have userlist. How do I drop user list? Example:
http://localhost/listusers/userprofile/admin

instead use
http://localhost/userprofile/admin

I want profile accessible to public but I don't want public to be able to view a list of users, only be able to goto their profile if they have username.

to be clear I am looking to get to a users profile (must be public) in the url only by knowing the username optimal solution would be http://localhost/username to get to their profile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikedell
  • mikedell
12 years 1 week ago #212831 by mikedell
Replied by mikedell on topic Re: User Profiles
It may seem stupid, but any help would be appreciated!

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 6 days ago #212896 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User Profiles
You're probably missing a public and published Joomla menu link to CB, but it's still going to include the menu alias. So for example it could be as follows.

/profiles/userprofile/username

To have anything else you're going to need to write custom rewrite rules for htaccess so mod_rewrite can alter them to display however you want. I believe some 3rd party SEF extensions can do this, but we don't support 3rd party SEF and can't guarantee CB remaining functional with them.

I want profile accessible to public but I don't want public to be able to view a list of users, only be able to goto their profile if they have username.

Then don't create a userlist or set the menu link to your userlist to "Special" so only you or other administrators can access it.

to be clear I am looking to get to a users profile (must be public) in the url only by knowing the username optimal solution would be localhost/username to get to their profile.

URL won't look like that, please see my above reply in this regard.

It may seem stupid, but any help would be appreciated!

Please be patient, you posted on a weekend and no one is here on a weekend. Please see my signature for regular business days-hours.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon