Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Events end date, groupJive

• dragan.m
  • dragan.m
12 years 4 days ago - 12 years 4 days ago #213097 by dragan.m
Events end date, groupJive was created by dragan.m
Hello,

Im currently using groupJiveEvents to create events in my community. Since the option for ending date is not available while user is creating an event, Id like to add it, so I have created another field in database table _groupjive_plugin_events for that purpose, and also required fields in form(Just duplicated code for the certain fields in cbgroupjiveevents.php). End date field now appears properly in event creation form, but the value is not written to database after event creation confirmation.

How to solve this issue?
Last edit: 12 years 4 days ago by dragan.m.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 days ago #213139 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Events end date, groupJive
You need to extend the storage function to store the value to the database, which is done in saveEvent. You should be able to duplicate the current date display and store. Adding a new column requires extending the database object with a new variable, adding the column to database, duplicate the current date output/storage, then adjust the duplicates naming to the new column. Beyond this I can't help you as we don't support core edits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dragan.m

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon