Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Media Posts via What's On Your Mind

• davisJ
  • davisJ
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #286990 by davisJ
Media Posts via What's On Your Mind was created by davisJ
Hi,

Just been testing out the image upload feature (updated Gallery) and it works great! Hope there's a user selected cropping feature coming soon.

Re Posting Videos
Got some questions about posting - some great videos are only available via Vimeo - at the moment only Youtube clips can be added. Is it possible to add Vimeo?

I just tried to add a Youtube clip (I tried youtube.com/watch?v=vApEgrLf7S4 and
and these didn't work). Youtube uploads only work with the https prefix added. Could you allow posting of these clips without the https or www?

Also, would it be possible to allow video posting (and single image posting) via What's On Your Mind - to streamline the posting feature?

Cheers

David
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by davisJ. Reason: Added extra related question..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 1 week ago #287001 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Media Posts via What's On Your Mind

Hope there's a user selected cropping feature coming soon.

User Cropping is not coming to CB Gallery. It has no use there as it isn't meant for avatar usage or anything of the sort. I will get client side resizing though.

Got some questions about posting - some great videos are only available via Vimeo - at the moment only Youtube clips can be added. Is it possible to add Vimeo?

There are no plans to support vimeo embed codes until we've a generalized API for handling the embed codes.

Youtube uploads only work with the https prefix added. Could you allow posting of these clips without the https or www?

No, supply the valid URL as seen in your browser or via the share feature on youtube. PHP parse_url can not find a host from youtube.com/watch?v=vApEgrLf7S4. HTTP or HTTPS both will work fine, but it's always going to be forced to HTTPS on output.

Also, would it be possible to allow video posting (and single image posting) via What's On Your Mind - to streamline the posting feature?

CB Gallery will eventually extend CB Activity to allow uploading from a stream. This isn't possible yet due to API lacking in CB Activity, which should be added in CB Activity next major release (planned after CB 2.1).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davisJ

• cpm73
  • cpm73
7 years 5 months ago #294357 by cpm73
Replied by cpm73 on topic Media Posts via What's On Your Mind
Vimeo support would be swell

Moderators: beatnantkrileon