Skip to Content Skip to Menu

need help by CB Connect

• msech
  • msech
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #288027 by msech
need help by CB Connect was created by msech
Sorry for my english, but I'm german.

After install of CB Connect and try to LogIn will show me Joomla : Failed to exchange code. Error: The request is invalid because the app is configured as a desktop app

Who can help me....

It is my failered. Wrong Since by FB per App.

Greets
msech
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by msech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #288047 by jeroen aalders
Replied by jeroen aalders on topic need help by CB Connect
The app that CB Connect is configured for has a wrong setting in FB. As I remember it (I could be wrong here), it has to be configured as a game, not a desktop app.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 11 months ago #288086 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic need help by CB Connect
Your Application can not be a Desktop App. It needs to be a Website App. See the below instructions.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263227

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #304208 by badlovermaroc
Replied by badlovermaroc on topic need help by CB Connect
I have the same problem, and my application is a website app... Any clues ?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 5 months ago #304217 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic need help by CB Connect
Please review the instructions again as I have updated them to reflect the current UI on Facebooks developer platform as well as their latest policy changes.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7-x#263227

All Facebook Applications created after March 2018 will require HTTPS. Existing applications appear to be grandfathered in for a given time (appears to be 1 year) before they too will be forced to use HTTPS. I've also released a new CB Connect that updates the Facebook API usage to version 3.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #304220 by badlovermaroc
Replied by badlovermaroc on topic need help by CB Connect
I just updated the plugin... same error : "Failed to exchange code. Error: Error validating application."

Moderators: beatnantkrileon