Skip to Content Skip to Menu

After a very tough migration...

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #292639 by asierraserna
After a very tough migration... was created by asierraserna
Hello there!

Is good to be back! I see really nice new stuff in the new community builder and groupjive! :cheer:

I didn't like too much that the Categories of groupjive are not nested anymore since I heavily rely on that structure, but is ok, I have everything I need.

After many hours of work now I'm fully updated, but in the check of database tables I'm getting this one:

Table #__comprofiler_plugin_activity Column type_item_date exists but should not exist
Table #__comprofiler_plugin_activity Index type_item_date Column type is not the intended column, but type_item_date

As you can imagine, I needed to manually migrate some tables to keep the integrity of my data, but I cannot get a hold on that one of #__comprofiler_plugin_activity

What is the MySQL query that I should run in order to get rid of this messges (and of course, guarantee the integrity of the Activity Plugin)?

Table #__comprofiler_plugin_activity Column type_item_date exists but should not exist
Table #__comprofiler_plugin_activity Index type_item_date Column type is not the intended column, but type_item_date

I have tried everything, but now I'm just confused.

Thanks a lot! and keep the great work!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by asierraserna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #292644 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic After a very tough migration...
Running the plugin database tool within CB > Tools should provide a fix link to clear up any plugin database issues. Should also clear up on install of CB Activity. Otherwise you can manually fix the indexes for that table using phpmyadmin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #293022 by asierraserna
Replied by asierraserna on topic After a very tough migration...
Hello Krileon!

Amazing work with the solution!

Yeah, I tried the link, but the problem is that it removes columns that I'm using, so I had to migrate again my previous table, and test to make sure there where no impacts.

Now with the new version of CB Activity it is not deleting the columns, but the change is huge! For good!

I will need to adapt a big chunk of code I did for CB 1.9.1 but as it looks, is completely worth the effort.

Thank for your work guys!

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293056 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic After a very tough migration...
CB Activity 4.x will delete type, subtype, parent, and item database columns. It will migrate them to the new asset column usage. So any custom queries, etc.. on that table will need to be adjusted (this applies to activity and comments). The formatting is typically as follows for unknown types (e.g. custom activity) when it migrates.

type.parent.subtype.item

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon