Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Display Limit on Connections

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #292992 by tjohns92109
[SOLVED] Display Limit on Connections was created by tjohns92109
When you post an image to the cb_gallery plugin, it uploads, loads the activity feed - then puts the dialog to add a title, description, and save at the bottom of the feed/timeline. I was going to find the query and just change the order on it... but I was wondering if I missed a setting somewhere that I can change instead. I'm afraid that changing a query might not be possible without modifying core files, which I've found many ways to get around thus far.

EDITED: I'm leaving the paragraph above in case it helps people, but I found the fix for my situation. I noticed in the forge for cb_activity that you mentioned making it automatically post to the timeline when adding images to the gallery in version 4.0. So I unpublished my auto action from the previous version that pushed image (/video/file) uploads to the timeline and it works fine now.

Also, same thing for the cb_connections plugin... it displays 4 connections at a time and says 'see all x# of connections'. I made them small thumbs 3 across and wanted to show between 10 or 20 of them. I'm sure I can change the LIMIT on the query for that, but want to make sure I can't just change a setting somewhere. Seems like I'm learning this system inside and out, but sometimes I miss things.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #293049 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display Limit on Connections
Sounds like you're just wanting to change the paging limits. Most, if not all, plugins allow you do to do this easily with a parameter. CB Gallery for example within CB Gallery > Configuration > Media > Paging you can change the page limit for gallery media entries. For CB Activity within CB Activity > Configuration > Activity > Paging you can have more or less activity entries displayed per page. For the Connections tab you can edit the Connections tab within CB > Tab Management and then under Parameters adjust "Entries shown in Summary" and "Max entries shown or per page" as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon.

7 years 6 months ago #293090 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Display Limit on Connections
Appreciate that. I found it under the connections tab as: 'Entries shown in Summary'
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon