Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] hide message cb menu item

• MacJoomla
  • MacJoomla
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #293112 by MacJoomla
[SOLVED] hide message cb menu item was created by MacJoomla
RE: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/145-community-builder/180155-required-e-mail-adress-two-other-questions#293112

Hello Nant,

sorry for coming back to this old thread, but that is actually my problem. I would like to show the email in profile, but not in cb menu messages. Seems as if i would have to decide to show email twice or not at all in this case. So please, is there today another solution for that? I have no PMS integration present.

Thank you and best regards, Macjoomla

nant wrote: If the email handling is set to not display emails (CB Configuration, General Tab) and no PMS integration is present, then the Message menu will be automatically suppressed.

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not bump old topics. Anything older than 6 months is too old. If you're the topic creator then anything older than 1 year is too old. Make a new topic and link to the old if you feel it is relevant.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293136 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic hide message cb menu item
There is no parameter to suppress that unless you of course turn off the email output. You can however hide it with the below CSS.

Code:
.cbMenu_UE_MENU_MESSAGES { display: none !important; }

You can add this CSS to CBs CSS override usage as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• MacJoomla
  • MacJoomla
7 years 6 months ago #293157 by MacJoomla
Replied by MacJoomla on topic hide message cb menu item
Hello krileon,

this is again a good advice and works fine. Also i like the css override in plugin B)

Thank you very much and best regards, Macjoomla

PS: I was not notified automatically of your reply automatically, though i have checked the box…

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293167 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic hide message cb menu item

PS: I was not notified automatically of your reply automatically, though i have checked the box…

Your message was moved to a new topic so you're likely not subscribed to this new topic.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacJoomla

Moderators: beatnantkrileon