Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB connect Facebook login seems broken

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293191 by timstohr
CB connect Facebook login seems broken was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
The plugin CB Connect seems not to work for Facebook login.
Facebook has very recently changed its API and it has caused havoc also on another plugin of mine. I think yours has the same problem since I cannot login at all.
I am using this link: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbconnect&provider=facebook

The breakage only occurs when someone new tries to register I think.

Could you please check?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293194 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB connect Facebook login seems broken
Works perfectly fine for me. Is this with a newly created Facebook application or an existing one? What permissions are you requesting if any within CB Connect configuration? What fields are you trying to map?

The most recent graph API is v2.8 and CB Connect is using v2.5. There appears to be no breaking changes between the two in regards to what CB Connect is using unless it's affecting new applications only. Forcing the API to v2.8 made no difference in its functionality as well, but will go ahead and update it anyway just to be sure. When editing your application on Facebook what does "API Version" say on the Dashboard page?

What exactly is happening when you try to login?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293195 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic CB connect Facebook login seems broken
It says 2.3. Haven't figured out how to update it yet :(

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293196 by timstohr
I sincerely doubt that it has anything to do with it since the login works perfectly with the other component (once I had the bugfix given to me)

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293198 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB connect Facebook login seems broken
Well you haven't described what's happening, what about it is broken, what your other extension did to fix it, or answered my previous configuration questions. So I've zero information to investigate with and it works fine in my tests so I don't know what to tell you. There have been no recent changes to their login API. Below is the API changelog.

developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/changelog

The only thing breaking that I can see is the bio field is gone in favor of the about field. Will remove bio from next release. If you're mapping the bio field try removing that mapping and see if that resolves your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago #293202 by timstohr
Hi sure I can describe it.

Basically it re-directs towards facebook and my app. Then it comes back from FB (I can see it by FB adding #__ to my URL) but the login does not happen.

I did not request any permission from FB nor did I ask for any. I started it as a test so was not trying to map any field but using it completely blank.

I had exactly the same errors with JFBConnect beforehand and exactly the same outcome. Here is the email that I have gotten. I can tell you that the solution worked.

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon