Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Auto Actions 6.3.6 Conflict with CB Gallery

• micheleq
  • micheleq
7 years 6 months ago #293209 by micheleq
Hi,

I've just noticed that after I updated to CB Auto Actions 6.3.6 from CB Auto Actions 6.3.5, CB Gallery stopped working, better said, when I click on a gallery picture thumbnail in the user's profile the popup image with comments, does not open.

I installed version 6.3.5 over 6.3.6 and it worked again as expected.

I've tried the versions that I had to see which caused issues and which didn't:

- plug_cbautoactions_6.3.6+build.2017.04.08.00.37.43.9678ab7b1.zip - Conflict
- plug_cbautoactions_6.3.6+build.2017.04.05.22.29.25.a3a117705.zip - Conflict

- plug_cbautoactions_6.3.5+build.2017.01.30.22.29.14.cf1dd4026.zip - No Conflict

This was true for CB Gallery versions 2.0.0 and 2.0.1

I can't say that CB Auto Actions is exclusively the culprit, but rolling back the version did indeed solve the issue.

Hoping this helps,
Tomás

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293215 by krileon
Update everything then edit any custom CB Activity actions in CB Auto Actions that you may have and re-save them. There's a bug with custom activity actions not migrating correctly.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6586

I can't say that CB Auto Actions is exclusively the culprit, but rolling back the version did indeed solve the issue.

Do not downgrade. We do not support downgrades in any of our plugins or CB. If you're going back a version please ensure you do so using a backup restore. Downgrading can cause irreversible data loss in some cases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• micheleq
  • micheleq
7 years 6 months ago #293222 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic CB Auto Actions 6.3.6 Conflict with CB Gallery

krileon wrote: Update everything then edit any custom CB Activity actions in CB Auto Actions that you may have and re-save them. There's a bug with custom activity actions not migrating correctly.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6586

I don't have any custom CB Activity Auto Actions, there's only the System activities which I haven't touched. That doesn't seem to describe my problem though. I don't see any errors, even in debug mode about it. When I click on a picture the modal opens and closes right away.

OK, so I noticed I was on CB Activity 3.0.1. Once I updated to v4 and the other plugins too, then it was fine.

Sorry!

Do not downgrade. We do not support downgrades in any of our plugins or CB. If you're going back a version please ensure you do so using a backup restore. Downgrading can cause irreversible data loss in some cases.

Yes, I understand that, and I do all testing on a separate test site, which is an installation of a recent backup.

Thank you,

Tomás

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293223 by krileon

OK, so I noticed I was on CB Activity 3.0.1. Once I updated to v4 and the other plugins too, then it was fine.

Hmm that shouldn't happen then as the API version check in CB Auto Actions should've ignored that you've an out of date CB Activity and just skipped those system actions. Are there any errors in your error log around the time of your testing?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon