Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Help for CB Activity

7 years 6 months ago #293243 by
Help for CB Activity was created by
Hello,

I am very pleased that the activity plugin has been further developed.
Unfortunately, I am missing an exact guide about the new features.

For example, I do not understand what the following terms mean.
Parser, Substitutions, Prepare Content, or Create Connected Access, Follower

The current documentation does not include these new features.
A translation into German helps me unfortunately not further.

So I need a clear explanation of the new features, or better of all functions.

Is that possible?

Greetings
Joerg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293255 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Help for CB Activity
Mouseover each parameter for a description of what they do. Example as follows.

Parser > Substitutions: Enable or disable parsing of messages for substitutions.

Substitutions are as documented below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

It means the activity message will be passed through substitutions parsing. So if someone adds [username] in their post it will parse as normally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #293268 by
Replied by on topic Help for CB Activity
Hello,

thank you.

I know about the mouse over effect, but the help-text is in english only.

I don't know something about Substitutions, Parser etc.

Btw it's very difficult to understand some help, that is not translated....

Greetings
Joerg
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293277 by krileon
Don't know what to suggest beyond using Google translate or wait for your language plugin to update with those strings translated. You could try asking for someone to translate them in the language forums below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/162-languages

We only provide English support and language strings here. All other languages are community driven. I also only know English so I can not help you with translating.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #293311 by
Replied by on topic Help for CB Activity
Hello,

it isn't a problem of the translation.

It is more a problem, that there are no tutorials or documentations about the new feautures, that i can read.

Greetings
Joerg

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293327 by krileon
There isn't a need for tutorials or documentation for those parameters. What they do exactly is described in their descriptions. Example as follows

Parameter: Create Connected Access
Description: Enable or disable connected create access. This checks if the viewing user is connected to the post owner or stream owner. This is in addition to Create Access. If disabled only Create Access will be used to determine posting permission.

As the description states it checks if the viewing user is connected to the post owner or the stream owner before allowing create access. I don't know how else to describe it, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon