Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#6611] Cb activity is triplicating entries when someone comments

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #293616 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
Seeing some weird stuff for CB activity. It is duplicating the post every time someone comments... In my case, there are have been two comments on an initial post, now I am seeing three different times the same post...

I have already installed the latest CB Activity...
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [#6611] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #293631 by krileon
Comment activity creates a new activity entry on every comment. It currently doesn't have any behavior for grouping those together. So what you're seeing is normal for now. Will likely add a delete action to the comment activity action to purge the previous on new. You can do this now if you like to see if it works by making a copy of the existing comment activity action then adding the below before the new activity create.

Mode: Activity
Method: Delete
Asset: [var3_asset].comment
Load: By Asset Only

Another option is in the copy change "Load" to "By Asset Only" instead of deleting the previous it simply updates it with a new owner. Regardless of either of these the original entry will still always display. Have added a feature ticket to adjust the load parameter as a solution for now.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6611

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by krileon.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 6 months ago #293634 by krileon
Also added a feature ticket to improve comment and tag activity output in CB Activity it self in a later release to see if it can be a bit nicer to use.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6612

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon