Skip to Content Skip to Menu

email copy of registration info

• fredc15
  • fredc15
7 years 5 months ago #293706 by fredc15
email copy of registration info was created by fredc15
Hi,

I am trying to use an autoaction to send an email to a 3rd party not registered in my site as admin.

I have an autoaction setup as follows

Triggers: onAfterUserRegistration

Type: email

Custom ACL: Everybody

Condition:
[cb_courseofregistration] is Equal To Option A
[cb_courseofregistration] is Equal To Option B

Action:
email with email address, subject and text with various CB fields.

I am not receiving the extra email to a 3rd party email address when selected above options are selected during registration

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293722 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic email copy of registration info
Conditions are always AND case. Seams you're trying to use it as OR case, which won't work. So what it's checking for is that cb_courseofregistration is equal to Option A AND Option B, which is likely impossible. To match multiple values of a single field you need to use REGEX. Example as follows.

[cb_courseofregistration] Is REGEX /Option A|Option B/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fredc15
  • fredc15
7 years 5 months ago #293740 by fredc15
Replied by fredc15 on topic email copy of registration info
Thanks,

The multiple field with Regex is working beautifully now.

What if I want to condition against a single option? Do I then use:

[cb_field] is equal to option A

Then if option A is selected it triggers the email to be sent. I will more than likely need this in the future as the option base is sure to grow.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293742 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic email copy of registration info

What if I want to condition against a single option? Do I then use:

[cb_field] is equal to option A

Then if option A is selected it triggers the email to be sent. I will more than likely need this in the future as the option base is sure to grow.

Yes, if the field is a single select or radio field. If it's a multi-select you need to use regex or a contains operator.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon