Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Error connecting to the server: SSL read: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_R

• autobahn
  • autobahn
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #293750 by autobahn
I have been trying to update my local version of CB to version 2.1.2+build.2017.04.22.08.39.26.2c97ef2a0 using the Update Now button on the Joomla! 3 Control Panel.

Opening pkg_communitybuilder_2.1.2+build.2017.04.22.08.39.26.2c97ef2a0.zip

AppData\Local\Temp\vddEA5Wo.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

On a second attempt the file downloaded to my /temp folder.

If I try to do the update via Extension Manager I receive the following error:

Error connecting to the server: SSL read: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number, errno 0
Error
Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from www.joomlapolis.com/versions/pkg_communitybuilder_latest_stable.zip .

Trying again the message is:
Warning
Error connecting to the server: SSL read: error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac, errno 0
Error
Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from www.joomlapolis.com/versions/pkg_communitybuilder_latest_stable.zip .

I am running XAMPP under Windows 10.1 and have no idea where to start looking for the origin of this problem. Normally I can use either method without any problems.

Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
7 years 5 months ago #293751 by beat
Please try again now, our SSL certificate was updating at exactly that point in time.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• autobahn
  • autobahn
7 years 5 months ago #293766 by autobahn
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I have been able to successfully carry out the update to CB 2.1.2 on my localhost system via Extension Manager following your SSL certificate update.

Hopefully, after checking out the update I will be able to do the same on the live system.

Thank you for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon