Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB not redirecting to login page

• ThePiston
  • ThePiston
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #293771 by ThePiston
I have a restricted article in a restricted category that I'm sending out a link to in an email. When someone who is not logged in clicks on that article link, the user gets taken to the front page with this URL in browser:

httpx://www.site.org/component/comprofiler/login?Itemid=333

When a user lands on the front page and then navigates to another link on site, it is then that they see this message: "MESSAGE: Please login first".

I have all of the fields set to "enabled" in the CB system plugin and no 3rd party redirect plugins installed.

I do have a public CBlogin module enabled and I'm not using CBsubs on this site.

Any idea how I can get the system to properly display a cblogin component page with login module and then take user to the correct article upon login?

Thanks

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293791 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB not redirecting to login page
The URL they're sent to is the login page. Specifically the below.

/component/comprofiler/login

Is it not displaying CBs login form? CB can also only return them to the previous location if Joomla provides that information. The Itemid in the URL is also currently not set to CBs, but remains whatever it previously was before CB redirects. Will be reviewing this entire process in a future release to see what can be improved as it appears the behavior is now a little unreliable with Joomla 3.7, but am not particularly sure why at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ThePiston
  • ThePiston
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #293827 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic CB not redirecting to login page
actually, now that I took a better look, there is indeed a cblogin module but it's the omni-present one that is in my header position. I think most people would expect one in the component area. Also, without the error showing until you click another link, all of the users have no idea what to do.

I also noticed this doesn't happen if the user is presented with a direct-to-article link such as this:

httpx://www.site.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=333

Using the above link does display a cblogin module in the component area and then the user is taken to the correct URL after login.

It seems that this is only happening when the user is given a menu URL to click on and not a direct URL.

This is the URL that causes the issue:

httpx://www.site.org/key-dash

that URL is a "single article" form Joomla. The menu item is set to restricted as is the category, and article itself. Also, the article is actually #387, not 333 so not sure where CB is getting itemID=333 from (?)

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by ThePiston.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293837 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB not redirecting to login page
Please update to latest nightly and see if issue persists as some improvements have been made to the com_user to CB redirect behavior as well as return URL handling behavior moved properly to the CB login module instead of some odd JS usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThePiston

• ThePiston
  • ThePiston
7 years 5 months ago #293842 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic CB not redirecting to login page
can confirm that this new build does indeed fix the issue - thanks!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon