Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Failure: String could not be parsed as XML

• sirmagic
  • sirmagic
7 years 5 months ago #293869 by sirmagic
My client have CB Pro installed with 35 plugin 30 active. All working fine until yesterday.(nothing changed)
Now I get this failure in frontpage of backend and Plugins can´t be access from backend CB menu.
Failure: String could not be parsed as XML
How do I solve this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293877 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Failure: String could not be parsed as XML
Sounds like you've a 3rd party plugin installed that likely isn't compatible with CB 2.0 or has an XML syntax error in it. Try clearing Joomla cache to see if it's just a caching problem. You can try to find what plugin is doing it by temporarily renaming the plugin folders 1 by 1 within the below folder.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sirmagic
  • sirmagic
7 years 5 months ago #293881 by sirmagic
Replied by sirmagic on topic Failure: String could not be parsed as XML
The only changes made on site are the update of a number of CB plugin and change from PHP version 7.0.14 to PHP 7.0.17 - it caused other problems so it has switched back to PHP 7.0.14
Could it cause the error?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293885 by krileon
I've no idea. We do not currently recommend PHP 7 as we've 3rd party libraries Guzzle and Imagine that are not PHP 7 ready.

As is you essentially have an error coming from an unknown location as you didn't provide the full error so we can't really do anything to help you. We need what file and what line number. That should be included with the error message it self when using debug mode and maximum error reporting. If not it certainly should be in server error log. If not in server error log contact your host as they're not logging errors and you've no means to debug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sirmagic
  • sirmagic
7 years 5 months ago #293933 by sirmagic
Replied by sirmagic on topic Failure: String could not be parsed as XML
Can you help us?
We have changed our PHP 7.0.14 to PHP 7.0.17. then the plugin management in CB is giving this "String could not be parsed as XML"
And the plugin/module are not showing in the controlpanel in the administrator.

Do you have have knowlegde about that happens when changeing the PHP version?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #293940 by krileon
Stay with PHP 5.6 for the time being. As explained above we have compatibility issues from Guzzle and Imagine 3rd party libraries. We also have not tested PHP 7.0.17 so I've no idea if breaking changes have been made in that release. I can not tell you what's causing your error without the full error (with the file path and line number). My guess is you've an installed plugin with invalid XML.

Edit: Tested PHP 7.0.19 and saw no issues in CB > Plugin Management. My guess is a installed plugin maybe causing this. Try renaming their folders in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user 1 by 1 to stop them from loading.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon