Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to enable the following button on CB activity?

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 5 months ago #293878 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I wanted for people to be able to follow a post by XYZ on CB Activity. There is something already in CB Activity but I have not managed to enable it. I was thinking that it would be a button at the bottom of each post in Activity where people could click on FOLLOW and then it would follow the post (as if that person had posted underneath it).
I am not able to switch that on at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293880 by krileon
The following works by following the asset and likely isn't going to make much sense to follow a singular post.

With that said the on display triggers don't output their return, but insert new content by modifying the reference variables so likely not easy to add follow buttons from CB Auto Actions. Probably easiest approach is to modify the template and output a follow button directly. Have added a feature ticket to quickly improve those triggers so CB Auto Actions can more easily add content to the footer of an activity or comment container.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6633

Once implemented and released you'd just output a follow stream on activity_onDisplayStreamActivity trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 5 months ago #293883 by timstohr
Thanks that is already really useful as my "interested" and "Attending" users can simply "follow" the stream that is below the event in the third party extension.
Will there though be any possibility to follow single posts at some point in the future?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293886 by krileon

Will there though be any possibility to follow single posts at some point in the future?

The API already allows for it, but no a button to follow single posts isn't planned. The point of following is to follow a source. So for example you'd follow a profile or a group. Following a single post is basically a Share or Repost as it's just bringing it to your stream. Share functionality is planned in a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon