Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cannot edit user profile as a super admin on the frontend

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
7 years 5 months ago #294160 by AlanJones
the "update user profile" button on the frontend redirects me to my own profile when i am trying to edit someone else profile from the frontend
i have the setting on CB config set to "allow moderators and super admins to edit user profiles".
1) the weird part is that even though it redirects me to my own profile edit.. the URL says i am editing the other users profile. (see atachment)
2) you will see the the names don't match up! it says Riley Egge (my profile) instead of Jay Johnson

We are on joomla 3.7.1
CB 2.1.2

Own Your Own Community!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #294163 by krileon
Disable SEF and see if issue persists. I'm unable to confirm your issue. Clicking to edit a users profile from CB Menu properly sends me to their profile edit and clicking Update on their profile edit properly sends me back to their profile. Please note Joomla 3.7.1 broke menu URLs causing them to be double escape. This seams to only affect URLs when SEF isn't used, but I've no idea what else it may have broke. Please also ensure you've the latest CB build installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon