Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile owned/managed by other profile

7 years 5 months ago #294166 by prathumwan
Profile owned/managed by other profile was created by prathumwan
Hi,
is there a way to realize a behavior like "Facebook Pages" ?

Basicly I need a profile owned and managed by another profile. I see there is an autoaction for creating profiles. I could initialize a owners/moderator field there, but later the cb moderator function can't be restricted to a specific condition. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #294174 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile owned/managed by other profile
We have no pages usage. Only way for that to really work is for your users to just manually register another account. I guess you could have a field during registration for them to select if it's a profile or a page then condition other tabs/fields using CB Conditional to adjust how it'd display. Alternative is to probably use GJ and let users create groups instead.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #294181 by prathumwan
Replied by prathumwan on topic Profile owned/managed by other profile
Yes, I thought using GJ could be a way but it has no fields, and as you just answered my other question there is currently no way to the profile of the group owner and I need fields to get structured data.

Creating the page profiles don't make me the headache, that can be done. The problem is to allow a viewer updating a profile he owns without beeing a moderator. Don't you think I just could add the viewing user to a special moderator usergroup via auto action on a condition like

if the viewed profile is declared as "page",
the viewers user_id is equal to the owners user_id stored in a profile field,
add the viewer to the moderator group

What trigger should I use to try this?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #294185 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile owned/managed by other profile
There is no way to assign a specific user as a moderator of another user. That functionality doesn't exist yet. No, CB Auto Actions can not force it either as that access check is too far above CB Auto Actions ability to do anything about it. They would need to logout, create the page user, and login as them to modify that page users profile data. There's likely a Joomla extension available to provide some sort of page functionality though to avoid needing to do any of this; have you checked the Joomla extension directory to see if something fits your needs? Maybe even K2 with a customized article layout.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prathumwan

7 years 5 months ago #294189 by prathumwan
Replied by prathumwan on topic Profile owned/managed by other profile
Browsed JED before, but did'nt see a solution.

Thanks so far Kyle

Moderators: beatnantkrileon