Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Sort list on Access Group

• softforge
  • softforge
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #294180 by softforge
Sort list on Access Group was created by softforge
The situation is that I have a lot of members of a club divided by geographical areas.
The areas are the access groups in joomla so a member in kent and a manager in kent cannot post an article in the category for Essex and the Essex manager cannot post in the category for Kent as their access levels do not allow it.

I would like to show a members list using CB lists. That part if fine. But I need to sort them by the area which is not a field in CB but the access group.

Is there a way to either sort by access level so you can see all the kent members together, all the essex members grouped together but all in the same list.. Or perhaps a way to make a field synchronise with the access group so that the field could be the sort and if a member was moved from Kent to Essex that would update in their profile.

Thank you kindly for your responses

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by softforge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #294184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sort list on Access Group
You can sort by whatever you want using the Advanced mode for sorting as it directly lets you extend the ORDER BY part of the userlist query. For that query the alias for _comprofiler table is "ue", alias for _users table is "u", and alias for _user_usergroup_map is "g". So the usergroup mapping has already been joined to the table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon