Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Assign numeric values to fields when or after importring

• tiekubd
  • tiekubd
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #294240 by tiekubd
I am importing user responses from a csv file with YES and NO responses into a CB radio or drop down field.

I want to then assign values to the fields to use in calculations. For example YES = 10, NO = 5.

What's the best way to do this. I don't want to do any conversion of the csv prior to importing.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #294246 by krileon
If you don't want to do any conversion to the CSV, which would be the easiest approach, then what exactly are you thinking it should do? You want it to convert 10 to 1 since checkbox fields only store a value of 1 (yes) and 0 (no)? You need to do the conversion at some point. Either by doing a quick and easy find and replace on the CSV or doing a database query on _comprofiler to find and convert those field values. Is this going to be a regular occurrence so you need some form of automation or a one time/rare thing?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tiekubd
  • tiekubd
7 years 5 months ago #294247 by tiekubd
Looks like the most straightforward solution is to convert the csv file prior to importing. This is not something I will be doing often.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon