Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Proposal for selecting a type when creating an album.

• drhustle
  • drhustle
7 years 4 months ago #294411 by drhustle
The gallery is excellent and offers a great way for members to showcase content on their profile and also have it aggregated for display to site visitors through the module.

After reviewing a previous topic and finding it was different that what I was inquiring about. I wanted to see if I could ask about the possibility of setting a type when creating an album. What I have been trying to figure out how to do and I don't think it is possible (but I could be wrong) is to set up the module so that if it is a photo gallery it will show photos posted by members or photo albums.

If I have 10 members and they each have 20 photos the gallery will show all 200 individual photos. However, if each has a photo album with 20 photos, then the gallery would only have 10 albums displayed plus any loose photos.

Each time I enable the albums for any gallery, it shows ALL of the albums regardless of the content. If I set video & album display for the module to show videos, it shows the music albums and photo albums in the gallery (Although, they show as empty) in addition to non-album videos. Is it possible to have way to choose an album type to display in the gallery module when configuring it so the empty albums of other types don't show up?

Any feedback or assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294424 by krileon
Albums do not have a Type. They never will. Media has a Type. Galleries can be configured to allow specific types. If you configure a gallery to only allow for Photos it will only show Photos (whether in an Album or not). However it'd be a good feature for empty albums to be hidden if the viewing user has no permission to upload to it, which should solve your issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6655

You could also create different galleries with different assets that only allow 1 type. So you'd have an asset of profile.[user_id].photos and set that gallery to only allow photos. You can have multiple galleries using the Gallery fieldtype. You'd then just have your module load in that same asset and it'd always be photos.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon