Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can't upgrade CB 1.9.1 to 2.1.2

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294548 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't upgrade CB 1.9.1 to 2.1.2

Thelowlandpiper wrote: I now have CB 2.1.2 installed, after a series of processes; however, the fields databasew check show an error in the fb_userid field and when I click the fix button I get the following error:
'BLOB/TEXT column 'fb_userid' used in key specification without a key length SQL=ALTER TABLE `#__comprofiler` CHANGE `fb_userid` `fb_userid` text'
I have tried editing this field in phpadmin with the same query result

You've CB Connect or previously Facebook Connect field present, but you don't have the plugin installed. Either install CB Connect or delete the fb_userid field in CB > Field Management.

Thelowlandpiper wrote: I have upgraded CBSubs to the latest version; the CBLogin form now displays a message below the form 'Module Version <> CBSubs version.' This seems to refer to mod_cbsubscriptions; I have the latest version mod_cbsubscriptions-4.1.0+build.2017.05.19.15.39.30.520d1fe23.zip
but this fails to install, as does the cbpaidsubsbot joomlaplugin_cbpaidsubsbot-4.1.0+build.2017.05.19.15.39.30.520d1fe23.zip
Also, the 'Your Profile' and 'Edit Profile' menu items link to a blank page; (I have edited these menu items to display the correct menu-types, which were missing after upgrade)

You installed the main CBSubs plugin, but didn't update anything else. Use the preset below to download and install all of CBSubs as a single package or select what plugins and extensions you need from the downloads page.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/presets
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #294556 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Can't upgrade CB 1.9.1 to 2.1.2
OK, thanks for that; I'm sure I tried that earlier and it failed;
but i still have a CB Log-in menu whose 'profile' and 'edit profile' links generate blank pages

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294558 by krileon
See our FAQ below regarding blank pages. You likely have an incompatible plugin installed causing problems.

www.joomlapolis.com/faq/18227-blank-page-issue

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #294566 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Can't upgrade CB 1.9.1 to 2.1.2
Thanks; it eventually turned out to be the old CB Captcha plugin that I hadn't disabled (plus and outdated xmap component) I can now view the profiles but am having trouble with CB Privacy; I have installed the latest version and Filezilla shows it all as updated as far as I can see, and the CB Tools check shows that databases as updated, but CB's plug-in management shows it as still version 1.3 and when editing the CB Antispam fields the CB Privacy integration tab shows '' is not Published'.
I am also struggling to get the antispam to display...

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294586 by krileon
Download and install latest CB Privacy below through Joomlas extension manager.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-privacy

Next navigate to CB > Plugin Management to verify its version. If it's still not showing up to date you many have permission problems preventing the files replacing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon