Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Member communication and notifications

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
7 years 4 months ago #294435 by dbeezley
Member communication and notifications was created by dbeezley
My Joomla/CB website ( beasleygenealogy.net ) is intended to be a locus of active collaboration among people who find one another, get to know one another and communicate. This collaboration has never taken hold. I'm trying to build that with the introduction of Group Jive. However, I'm noticing that, while there are many ways to contact people, it isn't getting out. I have one fellow who is helping me figure this out by testing responses. I go to his profile in my identity as a standard user and I see four places to contact. (See attached screen clip). In the top menu is "Messages". Clicking on that you see "Send Private Message" and "Send email to User". On the tab line below the canvas is "Quick Message". Below that is a Comment section. I used all four of these and asked Bill to let me know what he gets. He got the direct email but nothing from the "Private Message", "Quick Message" or "Comment". I have uddeim installed and at one time had that on the profile. At one time there were duplicate and messy PM options. I read that you shouldn't run both the uddeim plugin and the CB/uddeim plugin. so I disabled that. Of course, there is to be communication in the GJ groups plus people need to know about Kunena communication as well. I need to have one clear and reliable PM method and to know that people can use. I need to establish that allowing notification is done by default to draw attention. I did a search of the forum for "notification" but that is all about the "Activity" which looks too complicated for me to deal with right now. How can I assure that notifications will occur reliably for building of relationships and collaboration?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Member communication and notifications
CB Activity notifications feature doesn't do anything right now. Nothing currently logs any notifications as I have not added the system actions to CB Auto Actions to do so. You're welcome to create your own auto actions to log notification activity by prefixing the asset with notification.USER_ID (user_id being the recipient of the notification). You can turn off the notifications button within CB Activity > Parameters > General.

As for private messaging the only private messaging functionality available is through UddeIM.

Please also in the future break up your post into paragraphs as a giant wall of text isn't very easy to read.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
7 years 4 months ago #294442 by dbeezley
Replied by dbeezley on topic Member communication and notifications
I did read that the notification is not functioning in the Actions component. That doesn't matter to me because I'm not interested in moving that direction right now.

From what you say, can I gather that the Private message at the "Messages" tab at the top and the "Quick message" must be a duplicate of the same thing? I see the defaults for PM in the uddeim component. Is that where to handle all aspects of IM including notification?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294445 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Member communication and notifications
Quick Message is just a means to quickly message the user. It too uses UddeIM. The link on the menu just directly goes to UddeIM. You don't have to use Quick Message tab if you don't want it (unpublish it within CB > Tab Management). There are no other means of private messaging beyond UddeIM.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon