Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Fixed content for a profile field

• LineMine
  • LineMine
7 years 4 months ago #294482 by LineMine
Fixed content for a profile field was created by LineMine
Hi
I'm wondering if there is a way to set up a field, say an image, text or video field, so that it has pre-determined content in it, preferably that the user cannot edit, but this last point isn't critical?
In other words, certain tabs would have fields assigned so that when the tab is opened there would be a standard video, text or image in that tab, which could act as an information source about the features offered under that tab?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294492 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Fixed content for a profile field
Custom HTML field will let you do that, but it's not user specific. The alternative is to create a regular field then make its edit access moderator only using CB Privacy or setting it to Read Only and edit it from backend on a per user basis.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon