Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto Action / pertaining to usergoup and lists

• cpm73
  • cpm73
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294543 by cpm73
Goal: have member listing available to guests on up. Give member the ability to keep their profile out of member list from guest view, yet visible to members.

I have a simple grid list setup for the public viewing level, and a more detailed list for registered+. Works fine.

I have tried setting up a registered and a registered (private) user group. Public view displays registered group only (The simple grid), Logged in members see all members (the detailed list) the registered_private group selected as well.

Set up a field titled cb_registered_privacy with 2 option - allow guests to see me (registered), do not allow guests to see me (registered_private).

Set up 2 auto actions:

1) registered_privacy:
Global - Trigger - onafteruserupdate ... Type - Usergroup ... auto ... everybody
Condition - cb_registered_privacy EQUAL TO registered_private
Actions - (row 1) Mode - Remove Usergroups - Registered
(row 2) Mode - Add Usergroups - Registered (private)

2) registered Normal:
Global - Trigger onafteruserupdate ... Type Usergroup ... auto ... everybody
Condition - cb_registered_privacy EQUAL TO registered
Actions - (row 1) Mode - Remove Usergroups - Registered (private)
(row 2) Mode - Add Usergroups - Registered

Not getting it to swap the usergroups around. Where am I going wrong?

Im not aware of CB Privacy being able to accomplish this goal, if its possible then slap me and tell me how... I am using the privacy to handle specific views within the profiles themselves, yes, but the goal here is to let them control who can see them in the public member listing. I tried having the registered_private group with registered as parent, as well as public as parent.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by cpm73.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294552 by krileon
CB Privacy and its Profile Privacy field can do that. They'd just need to set it to Users to block public users from seeing them on userlists and from accessing their profile. You can also just directly condition your field on your userlist without the need to give them a usergroup. As for why your auto action isn't working it's because your condition is literally comparing the string cb_registered_privacy to registered_private. You need to use a valid substitution of [cb_registered_privacy].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon