Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Set up demo site

7 years 4 months ago #294574 by matthewdavey
Set up demo site was created by matthewdavey
Can You explain in detail step by step how to make a demo users buttons like on your demo site?

I need to make a demo test site for my users to login and try the system out.

Can I copy the code from the Login As modal in administrator moduals
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Set up demo site
They're Login / Logout actions within CB Auto Actions. You'd specify no trigger and then can access them directly. This allows you to create 1 click logins for any user you want (password is not required). You can check them out in the backend demo on our demo site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294757 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Set up demo site
I have set up the Login / Logout actions on a button Works well.

How do I have the content deleted when the user logs out like on the demo demo.cbdemosites.com/index.php

It seems like maybe the login As Administrator, Moderator, User of the demo.cbdemosites.com/index.php
These users have a better ACL than the others and the others get deleted in time?
How is this done?

Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by matthewdavey.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294769 by krileon
We don't delete content when the user logs out. We completely wipe the demo site and replace it with a reference copy regularly. Check with your web host regarding that as they may have a tool for setting that up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #294799 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic Set up demo site
The host said you can configure that if you want. I would recommend an FTP push to refresh the content.

But that is a configuration you and your developer need to configure and implement.
How do I implement it?
Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294818 by krileon
I'm not your developer. If you don't have one then you'll need to contract one or figure out how to do this your self. It can manually be done with FTP and a database SQL file, a backup made and restored in your hosting panel (if such feature is provided), or even Akeeba full site backup could be used. You'd then just use CRON to schedule this to happen regularly. In our case we use CRON to clone a reference site.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon