Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Sharemyprofile problem - can't share profile

• bazik666
  • bazik666
7 years 4 months ago #294688 by bazik666
Hi,

i'm using sharemyprofile plugin, but it doesn't wokr properly. FB wants to share login page instead profile. In Sharing debbuger i can see why:

Redirect Path
Input URL
xxx.com/profile/myprofile
303 HTTP Redirect
xxx.com/component/users/?view=login

Ok - i understand, that facebook isn't registerd, so there is redirection to login (and this site is sharing).

How to resolve this problem, maybe there is no need to use this plugin, and is a possibility to share profile by cb custom field?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sharemyprofile problem - can't share profile
We're not the developers of Share My Profile. You'll need to contact them regarding that. I'm guessing they're not generating the profile URL correctly for it to be shared.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bazik666
  • bazik666
7 years 4 months ago #294734 by bazik666
Replied by bazik666 on topic Sharemyprofile problem - can't share profile
Ok, forget this plugin i meant.

I think there is some way to share profile in FB. Is there a way to do that without any plugins?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294743 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sharemyprofile problem - can't share profile
As long as the share button shares the raw profile URL it'll work fine. The profile URL is as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&user=[user_id]

When you are viewing your own profile the dynamic share buttons won't work as you're sharing the my profile page, which does not include the user variable otherwise those dynamic share buttons will work perfectly fine when viewing another users profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon