Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Newbie alert - trying to create a CB Query field with a link

• zorroson
  • zorroson
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294848 by zorroson
Things develop constantly, and I was wondering if there is a way to store the selected values (multiple customer_ids) as foreign keys to the customer table? Or perhaps write them in a separate table, linking the cbuser_id with the customer_id? Is the query field able to do this in any way?

Cheers
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by zorroson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294856 by krileon
You can use CB Auto Actions to act on the onAfterUserUpdate and onAfterUpdateUser triggers to push the fields to a separate database table using a Query action then query that table using CB Query Field as needed. CB Query Field is just for querying and displaying the results. It should not be used to update tables or anything of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zorroson

• zorroson
  • zorroson
7 years 4 months ago #294865 by zorroson
Fantastic - I'll look into the use of CB auto actions!

Thanx a lot!

Cheers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon