Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Show Profilebook entries only to tab owner and signer

• LineMine
  • LineMine
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294762 by LineMine
Hi

I would like to show Profilebook entries only to the user who creates them and the owner of the profile they are left on.

In other words, exactly how it works, before the Profilebook entry is published, as only these two users can see the entry. If there is no other way of doing this I would be prepared to use this as a workaround, restricting publication somehow.

I have not been able to see a way of doing this using CB Conditional so far.

Many thanks

PS: A supplementary question to the above: I would like to edit some of the Profilebook text on the front end, eg references to Guestbook, as in "Would you like to sign this guestbook?" and the button, "Sign Guestbook", plus others

These are not appearing in a search in the CB language plugin overrides, so I'm assuming they are not available as overrides and would have to changed elsewhere?
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by LineMine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294775 by krileon

I would like to show Profilebook entries only to the user who creates them and the owner of the profile they are left on.

In other words, exactly how it works, before the Profilebook entry is published, as only these two users can see the entry. If there is no other way of doing this I would be prepared to use this as a workaround, restricting publication somehow.

There are no means of forcing that. Best I can suggest is just keep them unapproved.

I have not been able to see a way of doing this using CB Conditional so far.

CB Conditional controls tab and field display as a whole. It can not add features like you're wanting. It'd only be able to control the entire tab access.

PS: A supplementary question to the above: I would like to edit some of the Profilebook text on the front end, eg references to Guestbook, as in "Would you like to sign this guestbook?" and the button, "Sign Guestbook", plus others

They're language strings so you can use CBs language override functionality shown below to adjust them to whatever you like.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

These are not appearing in a search in the CB language plugin overrides, so I'm assuming they are not available as overrides and would have to changed elsewhere?

The language finder is not an indication that a language string exists or not. If you're adding overrides to anything other than the default language plugin then your installed language plugin maybe out of date and just missing those language strings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine

• LineMine
  • LineMine
7 years 4 months ago #294809 by LineMine
Hi

Thanks for all of that. I think I have managed to track most of the language strings that I want to use.

However, there are quite a few phrases and button texts that I would like to edit, that seem to be in this file: public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprofilebook/templates/default/guestbook.php

These are not in the form of language strings as far as I can see, so I'm wondering how best to change the bits of text here? I'm not too knowledgeable on overrides, if that is the way to do it.

Thanks for your help

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294824 by krileon
All text is language strings, which you can override using language overrides. See the below on how to use language overrides.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

If you can't find a language key for a language string you can use the language string it self as the key. So for example if the string is "Hello!" you'd just set the Key to "Hello!" then translate it as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine

• LineMine
  • LineMine
7 years 4 months ago #294828 by LineMine
Hi

Wow, that is just so great! Just tried it out, so easy. Thank you and thank you for making CB so adaptable! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon