[SOLVED] Coupons use case question.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294913 by liaskas
[SOLVED] Coupons use case question. was created by liaskas
Hello

Here is the use case...

A member is ordering a coupon that he can send as a gift to another member. The member who received the gift coupon is using it to activate a subscription with 100% discount.

This usecase is described here:
www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/283-cb-paid-subscriptions/tutorials/18407-purchasing-discount-coupons

I step by step followed the tutorial and...

1. The user can order the coupon OK
2. The coupon code is created fine OK

Now the member that ordered the coupon, has to know what the coupon code is, so that he can send it to the other member.

The most logical is to have the field "cb_promos" (as described in the above tutorial) to show on the profile of the member who ordered the coupon. And here is our problem...

We could not find a way to show the field only to the member who ordered.

The goal is to find a way, so that each member can view his own ordered tickets.

- We tried many privacy configuration combinations with the field "cb_promos" itself. (No... everyone can view the ticket on their profiles)
- We tried embeding the "cb_promos" field in a delimiter and tried... [cb:if user_id="myid"][cb:userfield field="cb_promos" /][cb:else]There are no active tickets for your account![/cb:else][/cb:if]. (No... everyone can view the ticket on their profiles)
- We tried to show the field in a new tab, and played with the privacy settings, but no... everyone can view the ticket on their profiles.

Can you please advise?

Thank you.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294916 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Coupons use case question.
The easiest approach is to use CB Privacy with a forced privacy control of Private so it's only visible to the profile owner and moderators.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
7 years 4 months ago #294917 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Coupons use case question.
Tried but this did not work!

I am sending a screenshot of the privacy configuration for this field so that you can see if the settings are correct.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294920 by krileon
If that's not working you may have a more serious issue where every user is being given CB Moderator access. Within CB > Configuration > Moderation ensure the Moderator View Access Level is correctly set. I've retested forced privacy controls and they are working fine locally and on our demo site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• liaskas
  • liaskas
  • Add-ons
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294926 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Coupons use case question.
Here is my CB > Configuration > Moderation Moderator View Access Level

I have no Moderator member in my site.

1 Super Users and the rest are all Registered.

From your experience, do they seem right?

If they are right do you have any other idea why this might not work?

Thank you.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by liaskas.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #294928 by krileon
I've no idea why it's not working for you. According to your settings the field should have a forced privacy control of Private. This should mean only the profile owner AND moderators can see it. No other user should see it. This is working fine locally and on our demo site. Ensure CB Privacy it self is public and published in CB > Plugin Management. Also ensure everything is up to date so you're not experiencing an already fixed bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon