Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Looking for an extension to let CB users create paid downloads

• drhustle
  • drhustle
7 years 4 months ago #294942 by drhustle
Greetings All,

My site is functioning well and I have started to get users to join using the CB extension.

I have been looking for an extension that would allow users to create paid downloads that could be incorporated on their profiles. For example if a user has lets say a an audio file or document that they want to let people download for a cost, is it possible? This would be something where they can set up a paypal or payment method where once paid the site visitor whether public or registered can then download that file.

I've seen a few download components that have CB integration but wanted to see if any joomlapolis members have had experience setting up this up on one of their sites.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 4 months ago #294961 by krileon
Only download manager we provide is CB Package Builder, but it's not really meant for user distribution of files. CB Gallery can provide File galleries, but it has no commercialization functionality so I've no idea how you intend to allow individual users to sell downloads. You may want to look into extensions like DOCman to see if it has what you're needing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon