Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Login redirecting to home page

• i3health
  • i3health
7 years 3 months ago #295327 by i3health
Login redirecting to home page was created by i3health
We want users to be brought back to the page they were trying to access upon login, but in some cases logging in redirects them to the home page instead. Then they have to re-navigate to the page they were trying to access. For some end users this is confusing.

To be more specific: the user (who is not logged in) starts from a joomla article: www.i3health.com/activities/lung-cancer
They click on the "Start Activity" tab, which is a link to a page in a custom module: www.i3health.com/index.php/component/lms/course/index.php?option=com_lms&view=course&layout=content&id=6&lid=25
Access to this page is restricted to registered users, so they are prompted to log in.
Upon login, they are brought to the home page instead of back to the course page.

This problem doesn't happen if they login from a joomla article (such as www.i3health.com/index.php/component/lms/course/index.php ?); in that case they are brought back to the joomla article upon login.

Does CB think the custom module page link is invalid and therefore redirect the user to the home page upon login? How can we correct this problem?

CB V2.1.2
Joomla V3.6.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295334 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login redirecting to home page
CB can not return them to their previous location if their previous location doesn't redirect to the login page with a return url. Joomla com_content does this for category and article access. Joomla menu items should also be handled automatically if it's menu access permissions triggering. 3rd party extensions have to do this themselves if they're manually redirecting to the login page. This means your com_lms extension maybe redirecting to Joomla login internally and is not including a &return=BASE64_URL in that redirect so there's nothing to return to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon