Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Core Fields Ajax Userlists Tooltip/Modal Edit Issue

• bradwmson
  • bradwmson
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295412 by bradwmson
Having an issue with CB Core Fields Ajax and editing Userlist data.

I was using CB Core Fields Ajax 3.0.0 to do inline editing of userlist data - it worked flawlessly, and I had zero issues. When I upgraded to 4.0.0+, where inline was deprecated, and dropped, my userlist edit fields defaulted to 'tooltip'. And that is when my editing issues began.

Now, when a front-end editable field is clicked, the tool-tip pops up, but the field choices, or top field choice in a select list is obscured by what appears to be a second tool-tip that says "This Field IS visible on profile". See first two attached images below. As a result, the field cannot be edited. When Update or Cancel is clicked, the field edit tool tip closes, but the "This Field IS visible on profile" tooltip remains until the page is refreshed. See third attached image.

Switching to modal creates a different issue. Some fields work correctly. Radio buttons and text field shown in fourth and fifth attachment. Some don't! The multi-choice radio button with seven full-line choices only displays briefly, and then is replaced by an Update and Cancel button without any choices. It can be seen in the attached zipped .mov.

I have wrestled with this for a while and the solution is not obvious. Since this site is a long-term site with multiple migrations from Joomla 1.0 to present, and CB 1.2 to present, I expect it may just be a configuration issue that has carried over, but I cannot identify what it might be.

Any help or insight would be appreciated as userlist editing is currently unusable. Admin credentials available.

Brad

Joomla 3.7.3 - CB 2.1.2 - PHP 7.0.20 - CB Core Fields Ajax 4.0.0+build.2017.06.24.23.33.57.a56e96606
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295419 by krileon
The inline mode wasn't actually inline. It was just a restyled tooltip mode. Now it's actually inline, but inline can't work on userlists as that's an HTML form inside of an HTML form so it forces to tooltip. There should be no change in the editing and saving behavior. It looks like the tooltips are opening at the same time the ajax is being output. Not sure of the cause, but you should be able to just mouseover the input to get those to go away. Are you able to confirm these same issues on our demo site below to help rule out conflicts?

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• bradwmson
  • bradwmson
7 years 3 months ago #295511 by bradwmson
Thanks for the reply.

I understand that the inline display is no longer a viable option.

It looks like the tooltips are opening at the same time the ajax is being output. Not sure of the cause, but you should be able to just mouseover the input to get those to go away.

The tooltips will not go away until the page is refreshed, even if multiple tooltips are open. I'm not sure what that is telling me.

Are you able to confirm these same issues on our demo site below to help rule out conflicts?

I could not reproduce the behavior on the demo site, which suggests that there is a conflict in something on my site. I am working through conflict isolation, but the first pass-thru has not eliminated the weird behavior.

Could it be template related - either the Joomla template or the CB template?

Console does not identify any errors, fatal or otherwise.

I'll post the results of cycling extensions/modules looking for conflict sources.

Brad

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295518 by krileon
Ensure CB it self is up to date by installing latest build. Then ensure all installed CB plugins are up to date. If CB is out of date it could be due to out of date tooltip jQuery causing your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bradwmson

• bradwmson
  • bradwmson
7 years 3 months ago #295524 by bradwmson
That was a good lead - I downloaded and installed all of the latest builds, even though my plugins all showed as current. I do not know where it started working, but by the time I was done, the modal and tooltip methods were working as expected. This topic can be closed.

On the other hand - I was troubleshooting by turning off CB Plugins, Joomla Plugins, and Modules one at a time to see if any had an effect. No effect was noted, but with everything I turned off or unpublished turned back on or published, the standard CB login module does not work. Go figure. I can still log in using a user menu item to login and logout, but the login/logout module does not respond at all.

I'll keep looking and start a new topic if I can't find a solution.

Thanks for your help,

Brad
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• bradwmson
  • bradwmson
7 years 3 months ago #295557 by bradwmson
Login issue was not related to CB - it was a template issue. I'd turned off a plugin that was necessary for the template to create the pop-up login box and missed turning it back on. Finding that took almost as long as this whole mess. Next time I'll keep a log!

Thanks for your help - all is working as expected.

Brad
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon