Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Issue with mass mailer not hiding distribution list in "To" field

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #295432 by
Hi Guys,

We have noticed recently that when sending out a mass email to our members that all addresses now appear in the "To" field for all to see. We are not sure when this issue first arose, but our impression is that the issue arose around about the time we upgraded to version 2.1.2 of CB pro.

prior to this, when selecting all members each mass mailer email sent out the emails individually so that the "To" field only showed the individual recipients, so I assume that they were sent using some kind of loop so as to apear that it was an invidual email sent to each user.

We host the site in a shared server environment using PHP 7 (current server version is 7.0.20), and the CB version is the current latest version (e.g. 2.1.2+build.2017.06.23.22.16.38.2c6bbd64f, though why the release has to include anything more than the version number I am not entirely sure, but it is a pain when attempting to identify the latest version in a list of other downloads, so we only have the download date to identify them!!! However, that's another issue altogether!!).

Update: I have discovered that the user reporting the issue was using the Joomla CMS mass mailer without checking the "send as BCC" option, so the reality is that this is not actually a CB issue at all. I have "educated" the user concerned, so hopefully it will not han again. Please treat this is as resolved.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon