Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Auto-save in Core Ajax Field?

• sysopcrew
  • sysopcrew
7 years 3 months ago #295435 by sysopcrew
Auto-save in Core Ajax Field? was created by sysopcrew
Would it be possible to trigger the AJAX commit onBlur rather than a form submit?

I had a vendor that was upset when he tried to copy from one AJAX field to another; he just clicked from one to the other to paste, and lost a lengthy paragraph because he didn't click Update first before clicking to the next AJAX field.

phpMyAdmin does this when viewing a table; you can edit a cell in-line, and it saves just by clicking outside the cell.

If it can technically be done, the plugin settings could have an "Enable Auto-save" setting.

Just an idea based on real world experience.

--
David Riviera

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295449 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto-save in Core Ajax Field?
There are no plans to add such functionality. It wouldn't work well with anything other than textarea or text fields. The jQuery is bound in the below file which you could add triggering of form submit on blur as needed.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcorefieldsajax/templates/default/display_jquery.php

Your binding would need to be done on cbajaxfield.edit.success otherwise the edit html won't be available to bind to yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon