Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Use CB Activity for Transaction Log

• sysopcrew
  • sysopcrew
7 years 3 months ago #295478 by sysopcrew
Use CB Activity for Transaction Log was created by sysopcrew
We've implemented PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Notification) and receive IPN payment notices about our uses. I pass the Joomal user ID to PayPal in their custom field, and that's how I tie it to a user on the return IPN message.

Currently, payment is for just one event, but in the future, we may end up having multiple transactions to record for a user. Transactions could be a payment or a refund.

Would CB Activity with an Activity and/or Comment field be a good solution for this? I'm even thinking the value of the Activity/Comment could be a JSON string with all the details, then displayed via CB Code Field to parse that data.

Does this fit within the scope of the add-ons, or do you have other suggestions?

--
David Riviera

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295496 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Use CB Activity for Transaction Log
I mean sure it could do that, but I really don't recommend it. The recent/all activity page will end up displaying that activity. A comment stream would probably be more secure since comments don't have a recent/all page displaying all comments. Whatever you're using to implement the payment system or IPN handling ideally should be responsible for all of this with its own database table to keep track of payments. I recommend CBSubs which already has all of this functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon