Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Userlist - browser return - back to search results - page expired

• Cypher666
  • Cypher666
7 years 3 months ago #295729 by Cypher666
Hi,

I am surprised not to have read anything yet... when i search a list and, for example on the second search result page i click on a profile and now i want back to this second search result page - the browser says "Error - This page is expired".
Do i have to consider anything? I tried to turn off seo friendly url, but that did not change anything.

Core and plugins are all up to date. I hope it is only a matter of configuration. Users would find that extremely uncool.

Greeting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295735 by krileon
The userlist search is a form POST. Browsers don't like going back to form POSTs. We'll be reevaluating the behavior of userlists in a later release where it might go back to a GET request if we can find a better way to display the search criteria in the URL, but since there's no real limit to fields it was causing issues with the URL being cut short by browsers. So we have an issue regardless of what method we use, but at least for now the POST won't lose search criteria.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Cypher666
  • Cypher666
7 years 3 months ago #295738 by Cypher666
Oh no, I feared it. The Achilles heel...Now I have a big problem :(

Is it not possible, to make the get version configurable in the backend? Maybe it works with some users.
Sorry for that question, but I see a jumping rate of biblical dimensions. Especially with the mobile users...
Or maybe it is possible to show profiles in lightboxes?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295772 by krileon
As far as current functionality it's not changing until we can reevaluate what will work best. It'll most likely assuredly go back to using GET, but we need to work on SEO routing code to make the search URL less cryptic and shorten it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon