Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Default values for a multi-select dropdown

7 years 3 months ago #295762 by sylvain.ruda
Default values for a multi-select dropdown was created by sylvain.ruda
Hi,

I'm writting a component whitch display fields from a tab to construct a form.
I need to put some default values in a multi-select drop-down (tha are actualy post datas witch came from another page).
How can i acheive that ?

Thank by advance.

Sylvain Ruda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295777 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Default values for a multi-select dropdown
Default values where? Registration? Profile edit? Registration you can set the default by editing the field within CB > Field Management. There is no default value parameter for profile edit. CB won't pull values from POST to registration or profile edit unless the POST came from registration or profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #295860 by sylvain.ruda
Replied by sylvain.ruda on topic Default values for a multi-select dropdown
1 / i'm creating a component.
2/ I want to use CB custom fields to pupulate a search form in this component.
3/ So i use the API call getTab to display fields i previously put in a tab
4/ I need to display some default datas in those fields.

How is this possible ?

I notice that when i'm connected with a user, the field where already populated with the user datas. I don't want that, i want to display a search form, not the user's datas. Wuant am i doing wrong ?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295864 by krileon
Call getTab with $reason set to "search" or call it with an empty user object. Sounds like you're outputting the edit view of a tab for a user. What are you trying to accomplish with all of this that a userlist can't provide?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #295890 by sylvain.ruda
Replied by sylvain.ruda on topic Default values for a multi-select dropdown
Hi,

Thank you very mutch for your answer.
in my mind, user list are the result of search criterias that are configured in CB Backend.
What i'm trying to do is a search engine among the all le CB Users in front-end. al i missing somthing ? Is there a CB way to acheive this ?

Regards,

Sylvain Ruda

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 months ago #295907 by krileon
Install CB Search Bot then simply use Joomla search in that case. It can search all users and as many fields of those users that you like. The search criteria configured for a userlist is just what fields you want to allow users to search. The users themselves would be doing the searching. There is no mode to search multiple fields at once with a single input on a userlist if that's what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon