Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Gallery + Activity = weird happenings

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 3 months ago #295803 by timstohr
Gallery + Activity = weird happenings was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I tried uploading 44 photos to an album and that worked but somehow Activity did not show that I posted 44 photos to an album but rather that I posted 3 (activity nr1), 4 (cb activity nr 2), 5 etc... See attached picture.

How come that this is happening?

PS: Saw that you have been working on the uploading of pictures into Activity directly... Is that going to come out as a nightly?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295804 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery + Activity = weird happenings

How come that this is happening?

Currently the grouping functionality groups together photo upload activity that happening within 10 minutes of one another. This however only works for 1 page down. This means uploads that would be on the second page of the stream won't group with the activity on the previous page. This is a known issue I'm already working to resolve with next CB Gallery release. There's no workaround at this time other than maybe increasing the number of activity shown per page. Added bug ticket regarding this below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6704

PS: Saw that you have been working on the uploading of pictures into Activity directly... Is that going to come out as a nightly?

Yes, upload directly on an activity stream will be in a nightly release sometime this week.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
7 years 3 months ago #295809 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Gallery + Activity = weird happenings
Awesome for solving it and really looking forward to the nightly...

If you could bring out a GJ nightly that includes the addition of activity in it, then you would make me an, indeed, happy man :)

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #295812 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery + Activity = weird happenings

If you could bring out a GJ nightly that includes the addition of activity in it, then you would make me an, indeed, happy man

That won't be until after some CB Auto Actions improvements, which will be next after CB Gallery 2.1.0 is done. The reason this code is going into CB Gallery to extend CB Activity is because it's just too complex for an auto action and would take multiple auto actions.

The plan is CB Auto Actions next release will implement the ability to customize how an action outputs on its given trigger. Basically the output parameters in Activity, Code, etc.. actions will be moved to by auto action specific instead of type specific. That will then be extended to allow output of tabs since GJ has a trigger that sends its tabs object you'll be able to utilize that to add a new tab to groups from an auto action. In short you'd just output an activity and gallery action as tabs and you're done (system actions will be added for this). A nightly GJ will follow CB Auto Actions release with the access check handling for the activity and gallery outputs. Shouldn't need to do anything beyond that. I'm not sure yet what the plan will be for GJ Photos, GJ Videos, and GJ Files after all of that is done. At some point they maybe deprecated, but for the time being they'll still be maintained as is (no new features).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon