Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Groupjive Group Types: invite that are ACL viewable?

• endoc
  • endoc
7 years 2 months ago #296160 by endoc
Hello,

I would like to have groupjive groups that are viewable by registered users, but can only be joined by invitation from either the group owner or admin. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 months ago #296172 by krileon
At this time, no. More group types are planned in a later GJ release. The type changes planned are as follows.

Open = As is
Approval = As is except content is hidden until join request approved (group it self is visible)
Private = The current Invite
Invite = The same as Approval except content only visible after joining from invite (group it self is visible)
Page = All group functionality except no user management (can't join a page)
Closed = No longer allows joins or new content and is visible

Best I can suggest at this time is use the Approval type. The group owner, group admins, or group moderators would need to approve each request to join the group, but it's the closest to what you're wanting at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• endoc
  • endoc
7 years 2 months ago #296178 by endoc
Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep as Approval for now and look forward to the upcoming release updates.

• endoc
  • endoc
6 years 3 months ago #305949 by endoc
Kyle,

Just curious. Has there been any progress on implementing these GJ group type changes?

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305950 by krileon
No, I only work on one project at a time and am not working on CB GroupJive features at this time. You can monitor GJ progress on our forge below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/groupjive/issues

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon