Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Post questions and custom URL question

• ssvt
  • ssvt
7 years 2 months ago #296623 by ssvt
I had a few questions about the look of posts on the activity feed (wall).

Is it possible to create a separate field for the tags to go into? Instead of having #joomla in the body of the post, having it so that you can put tags in a separate content window for a post?

Is it possible to enable to a feature similar to retweeting, where you can share a post to your own feed?

Is it possible to enable favoriting of a post? Can those favorites be organized?

Is it possible to enable a "readmore" feature for hiding further nested replies? Right now they keep nesting even when they're no longer capable of being read.

Is it possible to enable emoticon reactions to a post?

Is it possible to have posting default to a full text editor instead of the shorter "what's on your mind" text box?

Is it possible to make it so that users can post pictures/video/audio without being required to post text with it?

For the custom URL question: Is it possible to set this up so that users can assign their own custom URL post-registration, and change it on the fly?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 months ago #296634 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Post questions and custom URL question

Is it possible to create a separate field for the tags to go into? Instead of having #joomla in the body of the post, having it so that you can put tags in a separate content window for a post?

No.

Is it possible to enable to a feature similar to retweeting, where you can share a post to your own feed?

No, sharing functionality is not yet implemented.

Is it possible to enable favoriting of a post? Can those favorites be organized?

No, there are no plans for such functionality.

Is it possible to enable a "readmore" feature for hiding further nested replies? Right now they keep nesting even when they're no longer capable of being read.

Don't understand what you mean. The read more functionality is already present if a post is too long. Additionally if too many replies are displaying you can adjust the paging parameters to determine how many should display per page.

Is it possible to enable emoticon reactions to a post?

Yes, CB Activity includes several emotes following emote standards formats. See CB Activity > Emotes for all emote codes available. A button will eventually be added to allow easy inserting emotes without needing to know the emote code.

Is it possible to have posting default to a full text editor instead of the shorter "what's on your mind" text box?

No, not without heavy editing to template files.

Is it possible to make it so that users can post pictures/video/audio without being required to post text with it?

Not at this time. Feature ticket already exists to see about implementing support for non-text based posts so this will be possible.

For the custom URL question: Is it possible to set this up so that users can assign their own custom URL post-registration, and change it on the fly?

You mean their profile URL? Yes, they can do that using the new Profile URL (alias) field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ssvt
  • ssvt
7 years 2 months ago #296636 by ssvt
Replied by ssvt on topic Post questions and custom URL question
Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon