Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Allow Joomla Edit user Profil

• Mx150
  • Mx150
7 years 2 months ago #296758 by Mx150
Allow Joomla Edit user Profil was created by Mx150
Hi CB Community,

i want to allow every user to see Joomla Original Edit Profile page and Community Builder Edit profil page.
I try to disable the redirect that always gets me back to CB edit profil page when i click the Menü Link Joomla edit profil.

So i looked in Community Builder System plugin an disabled Redirect like that:

All Positions "disable"

But with no effect. The link to Joomla default Edit profil page stil redirects to cb edit page.
Can anyone help to turn this redirect off?

Thanks a lot...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #296783 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Allow Joomla Edit user Profil
CB will go out of sync with Joomla if you do this. Why do you need both? Regardless if you want to do it anyway you have to turn off url redirect and rewrite under parse urls within CBs Joomla system plugin within Extensions > Plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mx150

• Mx150
  • Mx150
7 years 1 month ago #296795 by Mx150
Replied by Mx150 on topic Allow Joomla Edit user Profil
Hi Kyle,

thanks for oyur marvelous support.

I already turn the url redirect and parse to disable.
But with no result.

The URL is still redirecting if i creat a joomla menü item for joomla edit profil.
Is there maybe a way to just disallow only this redirect link, so wie maybe can keep the parse cb?

Hope you have any idea to solve this. Need this confik :-(

Greetings Alex

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #296797 by krileon
We have no other redirect or rewrite behavior in place to prevent access to Joomla user component. Disabling both those parameters should allow access. If using CBSubs maybe CBSubs is doing it, but I believe that was only supposed to block registrations. I still don't understand why you need both as again your database will go out of sync.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon.

• Mx150
  • Mx150
7 years 1 month ago #296800 by Mx150
Replied by Mx150 on topic Allow Joomla Edit user Profil
Mhmm i dont know why but the link still looks like this..

XXX.de/component/comprofiler/userdetails?Itemid=844

if i use this link...

index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&layout=edit
it redirects me also to
XXX.de/component/comprofiler/userdetails?Itemid=844

Mhmm... I dont use CBSUBS

I need this confik because of a component that uses normal Joomla User Profil. Users have to go there if they wont to edit something in this component.
The Admin of it told me to just turn off the redirect in CB System plugin and it will work, he told me as you do but i get no change from the setting.

Redirect is off but still redirecting... Browser Cache is not the problem i cleared it in browser.
Can i turn this off with hardcode in some file?

Greetings..

PS: Admin of component told me phrase can be turned on, to keep the sync of database.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #296807 by krileon
I don't know what to tell you. If both "Redirect URLs" and "Rewrite URLs" are set to "Disabled" within "Community Builder System plugin" at Extensions > Plugins then direct access to Joomla user component is enabled again. That is the only code we have for redirecting away from Joomla users component. Maybe you've the old CB 1.x redirect plugin still installed which used to do this before we moved it to CBs core code.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon