Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Add a Join button to userlists

• LineMine
  • LineMine
7 years 1 month ago #296854 by LineMine
Add a Join button to userlists was created by LineMine
Hi

I would like to request a new feature; a Join button for user lists.

I realise that it is possible to filter users into lists, and even allow users to add themselves to lists through profile editing, but it is nowhere near as simple as just clicking a button. Many site users will just not get the hang of some profile editing features, whereas a JOIN button is totally intuitive.

User lists are great because it is possible to only allow certain usergroups to be on them, unlike Groupjive groups, which are open to all users. It is also possible to expand what each profile shows in a userlist, unlike in groups.

I believe that the default is for lists to show all users, until filters and specific usergroups are applied, so this would have to be switchable, or in other words, admin could opt for a list to show no users until they add themselves.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #296862 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add a Join button to userlists
Only way to do that is filter your userlist off say a checkbox field. Users then toggle the checkbox to show themselves on the userlist. You'd use a CB Auto Action that sets the checkbox field value to 1 and have Triggers set to None so you can just access the auto action directly or just link to the profile edit tab with the checkbox field. As for where to put the button my suggestion is a module or I guess the userlist description could work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon