Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Autoaction create_function() error

• LnG
  • LnG
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #296925 by LnG
Hi, I had a problem a week ago that I though I had solved by updating autoactions = www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/237255-solved-autoaction-stopped-working

I have an action at OnAfterLogin and before I updated autoactions none could login, after I updated it, it seemed to work again and thats why I change the topic to solved. But today I noticed that the action is not performed even though it lets the user login.

It all started when I updated community builder to the newest version and did not update autoactions, I then purchased pro membership again and now I have all plugins updated to the latest version exept cbsubs.

I do get this error when I turn on joomla debug:
Warning: create_function() has been disabled for security reasons in /public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautoactions/cbautoactions.php on line 222

Edit: I googled the error again and it seems to be the hosting providers fault?

Thanks in advance,
LnG
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by LnG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #296927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Autoaction create_function() error
Your host has create_function disabled. You won't be able to use CB Auto Actions without create_function as it needs to use lambda functions to setup the triggers. Contact your host to have them enable the function or you can attempt to do so your self from php.ini.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• LnG
  • LnG
7 years 1 month ago #296928 by LnG
Replied by LnG on topic Autoaction create_function() error
Thank you for the really fast reply! Great service as usual! :)

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #296932 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Autoaction create_function() error
Also worth noting I'm looking into alternatives to create_function since it's officially deprecated as of PHP 7.2. So hopefully this requirement can go away in the future, but at this time there isn't really an alternative unfortunately.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon